Lean helps you focus on the flow of value to the customer quickly, sustainably, reliably, and with high quality. Lean is not a packaged solution; rather it uses lean thinking to guide an organization’s transformation towards business agility. It looks at the whole system and across all of the value streams. To achieve this, lean employs concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management.
This workshop teaches you how to create an environment for achieving agility within your team while working towards quick realization of value using lean thinking. Games, simulations and group discussions reinforce the practices learned.
By the completion of this module, you are able to:
- What lean is and what it is not
- Value: understanding the value of the products and services we provide
- The value stream: understanding how we provide this value
- Flow: understanding how our work is done most effectively
- Pull: understanding a different way of managing work
- Perfection: we strive for perfection, not so much to achieve it but to continuously improve
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision tool kit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner.
DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Vendor Management and many others work together. DA also describes what these activities should address, provides a range of options for doing so, and describes the trade-offs associated with each option.